So here we go. The week before, I went to Girls Camp! A very fun experience, it was my first year being a Youth Camp Leader (YCL)! Wednesday night, we were cooking our foil dinners when a leader came by and told us to pack up and take our stuff back to our cabins and then meet under the pavillion. We were expecting some pretty serious storms. Let me add that we were camping in Mt. Pleasant (not so pleasant ironically), the tornado capital of the world! Why they chose that camp, don't ask me. Anyway, so a lot of the girls were worried. but when we met under the pavillion, President Allomen said a very good prayer, praying that we would have faith that the storm would calm. Afterwards we were instructed to go to our cabins and stay there. When at the cabin, a lot of the YCL's were either scared or angry that they couldn't go with their wards or leave the cabin or contact their families. Anger was stirred up between the girls and the leaders and I could just see how Satan was affecting the situation. He knew that we would have faith and was fighting hard against us to prevent it. It was hard to see. A couple minutes later, the YCL's were told that ALL of the girls and leaders were coming to our cabin (it was very big) to take shelter from the growing storm. I, being the only YCL from my ward, waited earnestly for my girls to come so that we could wait out the storm together. I saw that a lot of the girls were crying and afraid. After getting my girls together around my bed, I felt impressed by the spirit that now was a time to use the gift God gave me and started singing hymns. Other girl joined in one by one until the whole cabin was singing praises to God. No one was crying, no one was angry. We were all singing. After another prayer, we continued to sing. Then the girls were cheerful and we started some camp cheers. Me and a friend of mine lead the girls in these cheers, being as loud as we could, attempting to drown out the sounds of the thunder. This resulted in losing our voices. But i wasn't worried. My voice usually comes back after a couple of days. Usually.
So I waited patiently for the first couple of days. But I began to be worried when it didn't come back. It was wednesday, the day before the game, and I finally went to our local chiropractor/nutritionist who tested me for any chemicals that might be in my body. During this test, we found out that there was Lead in my voice box. very scary i know. But after taking many supplements and such, my voice improved by 50 percent over night! Not all the way back, but by the time 7 o' clock rolled around my voice had come back completely. Doesn't mean i wasn't worried though.
I know I know. I look like I'm gonna be sick! But I had a good time. Here's the clip! (Sorry, it goes in and out of focus.)
I was so excited and very happy! I enjoyed the experience but it strengthened my testimony a ton! Both experiences actually. God's hand was definitely in all of that! Love you all and I hope I shared a little bit of the spirit I felt through both experiences!




3 comments:
Wow Morgan wow! You are such a great singer. I love that you were able to feel of the the Lords promptings at camp and sing hymns of praise to bring the spirit of peace to girls camp. I am very proud of you1
Morgan - YOU ARE AWESOME! I loved it. Thanks for posting.
Love you - Sister B
What a wonderful experience for you! Thanks for sharing! :) Keep up your singing and sharing!
Post a Comment